Tuesday, January 17, 2012

40 today

crazy but true

today I turn the big 4 0
I never, EVER thought I'd be this old
have this much
or be happy in any way

As a teen I had so much angst
pain
anger

I have regrets
& I do question why things happen sometimes
as everyone does I guess
but with some personal reflection
I believe I am as happy as I allow myself to be
as happy as I think I deserve

I have never been one to say I will be happy when...
or I can't wait for...

I guess I never believed good things happen for me

although
I know I am lucky in love
I love my family
my mom
my boys
Doug
my life is so full I can barely believe it
it scares me sometimes
looking back I am certainly satisfied with how my last 40 went
& I am looking forward to my next 40

I deserve to be happy
I believe
I am happy :)

I hope you are too
much love V'ness

9 comments:

Larisa said...

Congratulations on your Birthday! very nice age!!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Welcome to the club!
Happiest of days to you!!

heidy said...

Hi Vanessa,HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
Hugs Heidy

Rach said...

Happy Birthday sweetheart, hope that you have had a fantastic 40th... big hugs xxxxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Happy Birthday hun, hope you've enjoyed every minute of your day. Claire xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Vanessa, sending you lots of special birthday wishes from me here in the UK. I am glad my card got there - I did post it at the beginning of December as I wasn't sure how long it would take especially when it might have got clogged up with Christmas post. I hope you have had an extra special day. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday 'Ness! I feel priviledged to have had you as a friend for more than half of your first 40. I'd like to sign on for the next 40+, if you don't mind. ;)

Have a great day.

Jen

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi Vanessa!
I`m sorry i missed your birthday. Just noticed it, so here is a happy belated birthday wish from me. Hope you had a great day. Hugs...Mona

Tammy (Scrappy and T) said...

Happy Birthday V =)

Be good to yourself ... your worth it =)

T