Friday, January 23, 2009

A Continual Work In Progress

I find when I make a card although I may like it I think after "Oh I shoulda done this...or that". Usually I just put it in a drawer & forget I made it. I felt tonite I just could not get it right but wanted to keep trying.

so Example number 1 seemed too plain to me, the L, V & E stamped in Stampin Up Purely Pomigranate, the O stamped in
white, then on white & pink cardstock I stamped in pomigranate punched them out and popped dotted them up. When I look at the card although it looks ok I didn't love it :)

Example number 2 I rolled the background with white hearts on the pink & loved it. Then I used a pink stamp pad and embossed the L,V & E with Star Dust, then mounted that on patterned paper & didn't like it



Then my final example...I think it is the one I will make as a group project for card nite. Let me know what you think!


I rolled the background with white hearts, then on red cardstock I embossed the L,V & E in white embossing powder & cut them out. The center of the flower is the O embossed on pink and the ricrac finishes it off. I LOVE this one :) hope the girls do!

ttysoon
thanks for droppin by
V

4 comments:

Scrapthat said...

I like your final one also V!! I would suggest two green hearts for leaves on the rick rack stem...Maybe a green prima cut? Just a thought
:0) It looks super though!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

lol Doll...I tried to punch a heart out of green put could not get it to look right...oh well.
thanks for the love Doll :)

Tammy (Scrappy and T) said...

super cute cards V

Cindye Wile said...

Fabulous cards ... i really like all of them. :)