Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hambly...no not quite

I absolutely love the look of Hambly overlays but the price is...well...pricey for me. So I was foolin around last nite with my Inkadinkado Rock Star stamps and some transparencies. I stamped them with stazon as usual but I just wasn't that happy with the "flat" appearance. I went crazy and decided to try some heat embossing on transparency...if you keep the heat gun about 6 inches away, heat it hot first, then point in at the stamped image with the embossing powder on them...watch closely & as soon as you see the "change" of the powder to the liquid then move the heat away. It warps the transparency if you heat it for too long. See left hand side. Then cut it out...instant hambly-like overlay. I also mixed powder colors and although this kinda wastes it cause you can't reuse it mixed, there is alot in a jar for relatively cheap :) or so I tell myself! LOL I can justify almost any scrappy purchase (insert rollin eyes) but hey I don't smoke or drink...I might as well scrap!

I totally loved how the ornate stamp on the left turned out (also from Inkadinkado) How the red mixes with the black when heated! I also thought I would mention when I did the white, you could not read the fine print it says "rock & roll" and the powder kinda melted together...so I stamped over the white lightly with black stazon so you can read it now. Loved how the blues & greens & reds just pop off the orange...I know an unlikely combo!



When you look under the pic I took an Autumn Leaves edge stamp with gold & siver powder & I think it looks very ornate as well...very Rock Star pretensious! The chipboard pieces are Colorbox and skull stickers are from Mike's in the kids section. The bling are Prima :)))



I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I enjoyed makin it! Any questions...ask anytime! Here is the final product.


ttysoon

3 comments:

Tammy (Scrappy and T) said...

LOVE it V

love your new technique with the guitar .. you RAWK!

Scrapthat said...

I'm LOVING your work Nessa!! Keep it up girl! TFS!! :0)

Cindye Wile said...

How cool is that ... I'll have to give that a try. And your layout is awesome .. love it. :)